Our primary concern being the wellbeing of guests and the team.
The Rufus House have been presented “AA COVID Confident Assessment Scheme Approval” and “Visit Britain Industry Standard Mark Certificate”, as we have followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, a Risk Assessment and procedure to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing in place.
From Monday, 14 September 2020 we are unable to accept any group booking consists of more than 6 people.
The information provided on this page will continue to be updated.
- FLEXIBILITY IN TRAVEL
- HEALTH AND SAFETY: AA COVID Confident Certified
- GUEST HYGIENE INFORMATION
- BOOK DIRECT to check availability with Special Offers
- Stress Management Tips
FLEXIBILITY IN TRAVEL
Our primary concern is the safety and wellbeing of guests and our team, we also understand that under the current difficult circumstances, flexibility in travel is crucial.
We have reviewed our booking policies in order to encourage guests to plan ahead without any concerns due to uncertainties we all may face.
HEALTH AND SAFETY: AA COVID Confident Certified
The Rufus House obtained “AA COVID Confident Assessment Scheme Approval” and “Visit Britain Industry Standard Mark” prior to reopening, as we have followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, a Risk Assessment and procedure to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing in place.
Our new hygiene standards is recognised by industry standard so that our guests can stay at The Rufus House with peace of mind.
The situation and knowledge regarding this virus is continually evolving as more became known to us day by day. We continue to monitor developments and make adjustments on our hygiene policies in line with regulations required by government, local authority and tourism industry. Therefore the information detailed hereunder may change without notice.
The Rufus House is now open with approved hygiene policy
Prior to re-opening, all hotel rooms will be meticulously cleaned and sanitised with products effective against Covid-19, from thereof, same procedure would follow for each room being disinfected and sealed after each guest departure.
Even though there is no requirement to leave a room empty after guest departure, Rufus House made a management decision to leave departure room empty for a period of 24 hours where possible.
In addition, The Rufus House intends to operate lower occupancy rate for the time being which would provide enough space for your safety. This grand Victorian House enables us to implement 2 meter social distancing and it will be observed in all public area including dining room.
Hand sanitisers will be made available on your arrival and you will find an anti bacterial hand wash bottle in your bathroom. Your kind co-operation for frequent hand washing would be most appreciated. Masks could be purchased from the reception desk.
We will take health check all staff members on arrival each day and anyone showing any Covid-19 symptoms will be asked to remain at home. All members of staff will wear protective masks and gloves whilst performing their duties.
- Our team members will sanitise with COVID-19 Certified product all surfaces and touch points on a regular basis.
- Please keep entrance doors closed at all times. From time to time, our team will open front and rear doors for air ventilation purposes.
GUEST HYGIENE INFORMATION
In order to implement and maximise our new hygiene standard, our guests’ co-operation is essential.
On your arrival
- Please plan to arrive at the time of your allocated arrival time. This will allow you to access The Rufus House without encountering other guests as safely and as quickly as possible.
- Please use the sanitiser at the entrance before ringing the door bell. One of the owners will welcome you to inside of the house.
- There is a hand sanitiser at the reception desk.
The owners and staff will wear masks, and in some cases gloves to serve our guests. 2m Social distancing measures to be adhered to at all times at The Rufus House.
- One representative of each arriving group to approach the check-in desk, while the others adhere to physical distancing measures.
- All guests are requested to wear face coverings in public area during your stay with us.
- On your arrival, please sign on the registration form with a pen provided (disinfected). Email address, contact telephone number and address should be filled in.
- You will receive a set of room and entrance keys throughly disinfected by using COVID-19 certified Surface Cleaner.
- All room keys, writing instruments, rental items to be throughly disinfected prior to be handed to the guests.
- Breakfast Dinning Room, one of the owners will show you to the table, please arrive at the time allocated and use hand sanitiser.
- Our team members will sanitise all surfaces and touch points on a regular basis.
- When booked with breakfast, in your room you will find one time use breakfast order forms. Please tick the item you wish to order, then return the form to the tray provided at the reception desk before 8pm. The form indicates allocated breakfast time for you.
- In your room, you will find enough tea, coffee, milk, sugar, body soap and shampoo individually packed for the duration of your stay.
- You will find anti bacterial hand wash in the bath room, so please wash your hands throughly and frequently at least 20 seconds with running water.
- You are kindly requested to air the room during the stay.
- Regrettably, we are unable to offer room cleaning during your stay to minimise cross-contamination as recommended by the Government guidelines.
- Should you require extra pillow or blanket, please let one of the staff or owners know. We will bring it to your room.
We thoroughly clean and disinfect the furniture, doors, door knobs, windows, bathrooms, switches, hair-dryer, TV remote control etc. in the guest room.
- Open windows, if rains heavy, please open slightly.
- Switch off all the lights, TV and other electrical appliances.
- Turn off water and shower, and
- Double check if you have left any personal item in the room.
- Payment and your keys on the reception desk.
BOOK DIRECT to check availability with Special Offers
To check availability please click the book now button below.
Stress Management Tips
When your body became comfortable, you would notice your mind also stayed calm.
Deep Breathing is most effective
- Stand up or sit on the front edge of a chair.
- Draw-in stomach, bring your back-bone straight and then, gently shake your upper body to take tension off from your neck and shoulders.
- Inhale through your nose to tummy for 3 seconds and then exhale through your mouth 6 seconds. Repeat 3 times.
Blood and Life Energy Circulation is crucial for health
When you are tired, lying down on the sofa would not help. We need to maintain blood and life energy circulation. Stretching, walking and mindful yoga would be most effective.
- Expose yourself to morning sun light to keep your biological clock on track.
- Establish your daily routine, especially time to go to bed.
- Smiling would boost your immune function.
- To build information tolerance, rely on credible source only.
- Appreciation, this is an opportunity to realise how much we are supported by society and other people.
- We are all going through a very difficult time, please take good care of yourself.
We look forward to welcoming you to The Rufus House.